This morning I didn’t feel like blogging as I was feeling low. Part of healing from heartbreak is getting through the day when you just don’t feel like dealing with life.
We all go through these phases once in a while. But the very thing we need to feel better, is usually the thing we don’t want to do!
Here is the trick: Do it before you feel ready. It will make you feel better! Actions transform consciousness, even though the tendency is to wait until inspiration hits.
Don’t wait! Have a look at the suggestions below, to help you take one day at a time. (If you continue to feel depressed or your functioning becomes significantly impaired, please don’t hesitate to get professional help).
21 Things to Do When You are Feeling Low
- Gratitude, write down things you are grateful for.
- Call a friend; go out for a lunch or coffee with her/him.
- Go shopping. Ha! ha! Have you ever heard a Doctor prescribing shopping?
- Go on Facebook and chat or connect with friends.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
- Have great sex. It is very healing. It gives you glimpse of deep reality. Of Oneness.
- Go out in bright sun light. Natural sunlight is very healing.
- Go out in nature, hiking, beach, jogging, walking.
- Go to the gym. Have a good work out. Moving the body calms the mind.
- Get a massage, otherwise do a self-massage, it is very calming and relaxing.
- Read a good book it could be Bible, Gita, a Novel etc
- Do something to keep you occupied, do your hobbies,
- Take a yoga class.
- Breathing exercises.
- Watch funny movies. I like watching funny kid’s cartoons.
- Expresses you emotions give them a way out, to friend, journal, and blog them.
- Indulge yourself, with good food, great wine, whatever pleases you
- Call your family.
- Lastly have Hope that this phase will pass too.